Sat, Apr 29|
TSCSW Spring Ethics Conference 2023
Virtual Spring Ethics Conference
TSCSW is hosting 2 experts for our '23 Spring Conference. Zander Keig, MTS, MS, MSW, LCSW, will present two topics: Ethics w/Transgender Care Services & Working Ethically w/ LGBTQ+ Veterans. Kathy T. Rider, LCSW, BCD, CGP, FAGPA will present on Ethics, Legislative Updates & the Social Work Compact.
Time & Location
Apr 29, 2023, 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
TSCSW Spring Ethics Conference 2023
About the Event
This Conference will be worth 6 hours of Ethics CEUs
(Including 4 of Ethics and Cultural Competence)
Providing Ethically, Culturally, and Linguistically Appropriate Transgender Care Services (3 hours)
- Differentiate between ethically, culturally, and linguistically appropriate and non-appropriate care and terminology
- Describe problems with health literacy levels in society and the trans community
- Able to recite Multi-Modal Aspects of Gender Transition
- Identify current trends in Transgender Health
Working Ethically with LGBTQ+ Veterans (1 hour)
- Understanding of the Armed Forces and Service Eras
- Understanding of the Department of Veterans Affairs
- What is an "eligible veteran" for VHA purposes
- How to Contact the VHA LGBT Health Program
- A current standing of TG active-duty servicemembers
- Knowledge of specific Community Resources
Ethics, Legislative Updates, and the Social Work Compact (2 hours)
- Awareness of the legislative action being taken which impacts on your social work practice, ethics, and your clients
- Understanding of the Social Work Compact and how its implementation will affect your practice with clients residing outside the state of Texas
About Zander Keig, MTS, MS, MSW, LCSW
Zander Keig is an award-winning licensed clinical social worker, health educator, and anthology editor who served in the US Coast Guard. He currently serves as Director of the Transgender American Veterans Association Community and Healing Committee and as an Advisory Board member and Senior Fellow for the Foundation Against Intolerance & Racism (FAIR). Additionally, he develops and delivers corporate diversity training, emotional wellness, and mental fitness courses. Zander brings a unique perspective to all aspects of his work as a 56 year-old trans man and first-generation American of Mexican heritage (Latino) with subject-matter expertise in conflict mitigation, social care, and mental well-being. His educational training includes a BA in Interpersonal Communication, MS in Conflict Analysis and Resolution, MTS in Theological Systems, and an MSW in Clinical Social Work.
About Kathy T Rider, LCSW, BCD, CGP, FAGPA
Kathy is a 1969 MSSW graduate of the UT School of Social Work.
Kathy Rider is Chair of TSCSW’s Governmental Affairs Committee and has been an active member of TSCSW since 1973. Kathy is a former member of the CSWA Board and continues to be an advocate for increased access to mental health services for all populations. She has served on the clinical faculty for both the UT School of Social Work and St Edward’s University. Kathy retired from direct practice in January 2020 having been in fulltime private practice in Austin since 1984. She continues to serve on boards locally, statewide and nationally. She continues to lead psychotherapy groups, and support groups related to diversity and social justice for social work practitioners. Kathy is currently the Vice Chair of The Group Foundation for Advancing Mental Health and a Fellow of the American Group Psychotherapy Association. She has worked with our lobbyist to protect our clients, to convey information to the social work community on pending legislation, and to ensure social work licensing.
TSCSW Spring Ethics Conference
Late Registration Begins 4/23/2023 and ends at midnight on 4/27/2023From $65.00 to $250.00Sale ended